Monday, November 14, 2005

Telecom New Zealand

Right then, let's start with the big boys.

I am tired of Telecom. I am tired of them putting me on hold; I am tired of them responding to my emails in an impersonal manner - leaving me to believe that the responses perhaps may have been written by either a computer, a 7 year old (much cheaper than paying an adult) or a monkey (cheaper still!); I am tired of them expecting me to remember my account number and having then sigh at me when I tell them that I don't know it, thus making them have to enter my telephone number as a poor alternative to find out who it is that is calling.

The average wait time, after dialing 123 for residential assistance, after being made to listen to the automated "push 4 for your account, push 5 for..." voice is about 10 minutes. Today I baked a small batch of cookies and listened to 3 (quite good) tracks by Split Ends and one that I don't care to remember from some obscure glam pop genre circa 1981.

Telecom has New Zealand by the short and curleys. We pay our dial up Internet $5 in advance - even if we don't use any and it’s not refunded the following month. We are charged too much for ringing a cell phone form a land line and don't even try to organise cross billing for your home line. This resulted for me in having a $200 bill on a particular month and being made to wait for up to forty minutes on two separate occasions only to be transferred to a very hard working and no doubt, kind person who I actually couldn't understand. I am sure that people arrive off the plane from wheretheheckistan, not a word of Maori (or any other useful language) and Telecom is there with a large glossy sign offering them employment and cheap toll calls.

So..... For all of you in the same boat as me:

Complaints
Telecom New Zealand Limited
Freepost 10053
Private Bag 4742
Christchurch


Please be grateful for this information, as I had to listen to Celine Dion for 13 minutes to get it.

Good luck.

2 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Mike said...

At the risk of looking like 'that guy who always posts the first comment on Blair's blog', my experiences with Telecom have also fared badly. Aside from the fact that they LIED TO ME about whether I could keep my super-deal mobile plan that gave me free minutes from 6pm after I came back from abroad, I have also been put on hold for very large amounts of time.

And hey, looks like we aren't the only ones who's unhappy with them. Cheap broadband, anyone?

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger Sonicnaan said...

Well Boys, I think I can top this one off with a story of woe:

I've recently been charged for a NZ$460 Yellow Pages Ad which I never requested.

The story ends well. My defunct business got printed again and many people will be disappointed when they find no BlueAudio&Design … In NZ anyway … oh and i didn't pay em.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home